Friday, June 11, 2010

How to close an empty space

Sometimes canne de combat is accepted as a basic learning method when we are talking about historical fencing by the same people who will later in their home-coutry refuse it. Can Olivier Dupuis (or maybe Zsolt Sandor) give an answer why is it so with all his friends?

France:
Guerriers d’Avalon:
Olivier Dupuis
http://www.guerriers-avalon.org



Slovenia:
Academia artis dimicatoriae:
Roman Vučajnk
http://makoto.si/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=69



2 comments:

Roman Vučajnk said...

Hi,
since you've posted a video of a swordplay between my colleague and me (as an example, I gather), maybe I can provide an answer to your question- but I'm not quite certain what exactly it was you were asking?

Zsolt Sandor said...

Hello,

La canne de combat was never propagated by me or by Olivier (as far as i know) as any kind of "basic learning method for historical fencing" (you mean perhaps medieval, longsword fencing?), but as a European modern combat sport. It is a whole system with it's own internal logic, and it has nothing to do with for example longsword.

So, I would like to know, what your question really was about?